businessOwned by: BNK Banking Corp
monetization_onFunded by: Adelaide Bank, RESIMAC, Pepper, Advantedge, Firstmac, Goldfields Money/BNK, Macquarie Bank, Origin, RedZed
securityLMI Provider: Genworth and QBE LMI
account_balanceLender type: Non-Bank, Specialist lender
Better Choice is one of the leading and most innovative Mortgage Lenders in Australia. They work with mortgage brokers to offer solutions for their customers.
They can accept alternative income documentation which makes them the lender of choice for customers who can’t provide the two years of financial statements and tax returns.
From small to medium business owners, self-employed contractors and companies or trusts, Better Choice caters to all types of borrowers.
At Better Choice, they give their customers the award-winning service they deserve.
How do Better Choice home loans compare?
- Diverse range of credit policies and documentation options
- SMSF (residential and commercial)
- Flexible privately funded loans
- Alternative forms of income documentation (self-employed, contractor, etc.)
- Non resident home loan (especially self employed expats and foreign citizen)
- Investment loans (including flexibility of 1 year financials) and commercial property loan
- Construction of one or more dwellings
- Bridging finance
- 100% offset home loan account
- Borrowers with impaired credit history and defaults considered
- Debt consolidation and cash out
- Company and corporate trusts borrowers
- Every application assessed on its merits (no credit scoring)
- Their interest rates are not always the sharpest
- Delay in processing of applications (application moved from pre-assessment to approval from the funder)
- They have several funders on their panel so their policy can be confusing
- They don’t like inner city apartments
What home loan types do they have?
Better Choice has a more personal approach to lending, offering solutions-based products and providing a broader range of home loan options to customers.
Standard Home Loans – Their standard home loans provide customers with competitive rates while offering the flexibility to select from a range of products to suit individuals needs.
Construction Home Loans – They offer tailored, flexible construction loans, designed to help make building dream homes a reality.
Self Employed Home Loans – They specialise in lending to self-employed customers to get competitive home loan solutions whether they have been self-employed for six months or many years.
Specialist Home Loans – Unlike big banks, they understand that unexpected life events can change a customer’s credit rating. Keeping that in mind, they have created a range of home loans specifically designed for customers with some bad credit.
Better Choice also has a variety of commercial products.
- Full doc commercial loans
- Alt doc commercial loans
- Lease doc commercial loans
- Specialist commercial loans
Tips for Applying with Better Choice
Their home loans loan application forms are editable PDFs, allowing you to fill in the required information and email straight to their team.
Use Better Choice home loan application form to prepare for your mortgage application.
Note: This is the latest application form as of December 2020. Please refer to Better Choice’s website for their most up-to-date document requirements.
Compare Better Choice home loans to other lenders
Unsure which lender is correct for you?
Give us a call on 1300 889 743 or fill in our free online enquiry form.