flagFounded: 1743 in the Netherlands, 1999 in Australia
businessOwned by: Stock market listed (Euronext)
monetization_onFunded by: Retail deposits and wholesale capital markets
account_balanceLender type: International Bank, Online Bank
ING Commercial’s success with mortgage brokers and aggressive pricing enabled them to gain significant market share for commercial property loans up to $2 million.
They have sharp pricing, simple products, easy to understand policy and a good relationship with mortgage brokers Australia wide.
Technically, they do offer larger loans as well, but they tend to be less competitive than the major banks for these larger loans. They also don’t offer business loans and other products like overdrafts that high net worth borrowers often need.
How does ING Commercial compare?
They’re great at
- Financing commercial property investment
- Refinancing commercial property loans
- Greatinterest rates on loans up to $2 million
- No annual reviews for most loans
- Loan terms of up to 20 years
- Borrow up to 75% of the property value
- No fixed and floating charge over your company required
- Their lease doc loan options means you don’t need tax returns or other financials
- Factories, warehouses, retail shops, office suites, blocks of flats and childcare centres accepted
- Upfront commercial property valuations available
- Working with mortgage brokers
- Working with their customers online or over the phone
But they’ve got some drawbacks…
They’re picking and choosing their market…
The major banks want business loans, commercial loans, overdrafts, merchant facilities and property developers. Not ING commercial!
They’re just interested in people who are buying standard commercial properties as an investment or as their business premises (owner occupied).
So don’t even bother to submit an application that isn’t what they’re looking for. It’s better to go to a lender that wants that type of business.
ING Commercial client story: Steve, QLD
- To buy his first commercial property for his property portfolio.
Earning a strong income working in the engineering industry, Steve was in a position to build a substantial property portfolio and had been investing in residential real estate in hotspots across the country for the past couple of years.
Looking for higher yields, Steve took the leap and decided that he wanted to invest in an inner city office building. Crunching the numbers and comparing similar properties in the area, he found one that was tipped to deliver a strong rental return.
ING Commercial is very competitive when it comes to interest rates on standard commercial properties like offices, warehouses and factories.
Steve was even able to qualify for a further negotiated discount because he was earning a great income in a stable profession and borrowing at around around 70% of the property value (LVR).
Along with his cash deposit, the bank was happy to take the equity in Anthony’s residential property as security (he was borrowing at less than 80% LVR) and so he was able to buy his first commercial investment property.
How does ING Commercial compare?
Will your bank tell you if there is a better offer available? Our Commercial Loan Experts can help!
Talk to one of our mortgage brokers by calling us on 1300 889 743 or complete our free assessment form.