flagFounded: 1972, with Australian operations starting in 2003
businessOwned by: Rabobank
monetization_onFunded by: Retail deposits and wholesale capital markets
securityLMI Provider: Self-Insured
account_balanceLender type: Non-bank, Specialist Lender
Rabobank is not an available lender on our panel. This is a review only.
The first incarnation of Rabobank was founded in 1892 by a bunch of farmers so it’s no wonder that the Dutch company is world-renowned for its agribusiness finance.
With a first-hand understanding of the farming cycle and the wider financial needs of farmers, Rabobank has a number of financial products to suit its unique client base.
How do Rabobank’s rural property loans compare?
They’re great at
But they’ve got some drawbacks…
- They don’t offer home loans to buy residential property
- Although they’re specialists in agribusiness finance, you’re likely to get a better deal with another lender
What types of loans does Rabobank have on offer?
- Equipment finance to buy tractors, harvesters and other types of farming equipment
- Trade finance
- Their so-called ‘Seasonal Cotton Loan’ for seasonal cash flow management
- SMSF loans for the purchase of both commercial and residential real estate
Do they fund hobby farms?
Rabobank doesn’t offer home loans for the purposes of buying a large lifestyle block but we know lenders that do!
Some of our lenders will allow you to borrow up to 95% of the property value for hobby farms up to 50 hectares (ha) in size or between 70-80% for land sizes up to 100 ha.
Compare Rabobank to other lenders
Rabobank may specialise in agribusiness and commercial farm loans but it doesn’t mean you can’t get a better deal by shopping around with other lenders and banks.
A mortgage broker can compare lenders on your behalf!
We have a range of lenders to choose from and we specialise in farm loans so give us a call on 1300 889 743 or complete our free assessment form to find out how we can help you.