businessOwned by: Police & Nurses Limited
monetization_onFunded by: Retail deposits and wholesale capital markets
securityLMI Provider: Genworth & QBE LMI
account_balanceLender type: Mutual Bank, Customer-owned
P&N Bank is not an available lender on our panel. This is a review only.
P&N Bank began its life in 1990 as the Police and Nurses Credit Society after the merger of the Police Credit Society of Western Australia (1969) and Western Australia Nurses Credit Society (1972).
In 2001, it merged with Energy Credit Union and in 2013, it was rebranded as P&N Bank.
It has won multiple awards, including the Australian Lending Awards’ Best Mutual in 2017 and 2018.
P&N Bank started operating as a division of Police & Nurses Limited in 2019.
The bank provides home loans, personal loans, credit cards, home insurance, car insurance and more to its customers.
How do P&N Bank home loans compare?
- A participating lender in the First Home Loan Deposit Scheme
- 100% interest offset facility
- Redraw facility available for variable-rate home loans
- Flexible repayment options
- No fee for extra repayments
- Equity Access Home Loans available
- Optional Credit Card for home loan holders
- Interest-only Home Loan options
- No establishment fees and ongoing monthly fees
- Online banking
- Mobile Home Loan Specialists
- Does not provide home loans to expats
- Does not support off-the-plan loans
- Does not support low-doc or no-doc loans
- Branch access limited to Western Australia
- Some home loan products have higher fees than others
- Borrowers with a non-standard employment history require a Credit Risk Acceptance letter.
What are the home-loan options available at P&N Bank?
Your First Home Loan
P&N Bank provides five products for owner-occupier first home loan clients, as of 16 May 2021:
& Home Loan: With redraw facilities, no-fee extra repayment facilities, optional credit card, and 100% offset available.
& Home Loan Intro Rate: All the facilities of & Home Loan, along with an added benefit of opting for lower interest rates for the first 12 months of the loan.
& Basic Home Loan: Low variable rate with no ongoing fees, redraw facilities, and free additional payments for up to 90% loan-to-value ratio (LVR).
Fixed Home Loan: Fixed mortgage payments for a term of 1 to 5 years.
Simple Home Loan: Low variable rate for owner-occupiers with lower deposits, allowing LVR up to 95%.
Refinance or Second Home Loans
Many of the home loan products for refinancing or second-home purchase are the same as for first-home buyer loans.
One addition to the list is a Bridging Loan product, which can provide a short-term solution for when one has already found a new home but hasn’t sold the old one yet.
Investment Property Loans
For people looking to buy an investment property, P&N Bank has three home loan options, as of 16 May 2021:
& Investment loan: Low variable rate loan ranging up to 90% LVR, with an interest-only option available.
Fixed-rate home loan: Fixed mortgage payments for a term of 1 to 5 years, with rates slightly higher than other fixed-rate home loan options.
Equity Access: A flexible line of credit loan with low variable rates starting at just $20,000.
Equity Access Loans
P&N Bank allows its clients to access the equity in their homes using Equity Access and Reverse Mortgage Loans, where people above 65 years of age can borrow against the equity of their home for a comfortable life after retirement.
Both of these options have variable interest rates that are higher than for other home loan products at P&N Bank.
Tips for applying with P&N Bank
Use these tips when applying for P&N Bank Home Loans:
- Make sure to prepare all documents, showing identification, residency, asset-liability statements, and employment to make the process faster.
- Make use of the bank’s Mobile Lender Services, in which specialists drive to you to further the process.
Compare P&N Bank home loans with other lenders
Are you still not sure about which lender would be the best for you?
Count on our specialist mortgage brokers at Home Loan Experts for help with that.
We make sure we understand your situation and complete a pre-assessment before suggesting the best suitable lenders for you.
Give us a call on 1300 889 743 or fill in our free online enquiry form.