businessOwned by: Real Asset Management
monetization_onFunded by: Institutional capital, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse
securityLMI Provider: N/A
account_balanceLender type: Non-Bank, Specialist lender
Brighten Home Loans (“Brighten”) is an Australian non-bank lender with oﬃces in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
At Brighten, they believe in creating eﬀective and innovative lending solutions — helping more home-buyers achieve their goal of homeownership within Australia.
They serve clients who are non-residents of Australia or residents with foreign income.
Brighten home loans have sought to establish a real alternative to the traditional banks by focusing on new ideas and technologies to provide their customers and partners with intuitive, tailored and easy to use lending solutions.
The department leaders of Brighten Home Loans are former executives from major non-bank lenders in Australia.
The Lender and the Servicer are wholly owned subsidiaries of the Real Asset Management Group, an Australian financial services organisation with licensed operations in Australia and also in Hong Kong.
How do Brighten home loans compare?
They are great at
- End-to-end digital mortgage solution
- Acceptance of temporary (those with a visa) and non-residents of Australia
- Overseas low doc loan, foreign investor loan, and foreign construction loan
- Self-employed non-resident and self-employed expat
- No age restrictions on home loans as long as the applicant is able to service and repay the loan
- They allow students to purchase property in Australia and rely on parents offshore income to service the debt
- Can consider partially completed house with a new building contract in place
- Supporting docs do not need to be translated into English if it’s in Chinese
- Flexible lending policies as the loans are fully funded by multiple sources of institutional capital including top-tier international banks
But they have got some drawbacks …
- Lack of variety of home loan products
- Break fees may apply for early repayment of fixed rate loans
- They do not accept apartments with an internal area of less than 40sqm
- Certain limits may apply to certain high density inner city apartment developments
- Extensive turnaround time (application gets assessed by their team then the funder)
- Rates can be high for certain products
- They only consider high LVR for Sydney and Melbourne
Brighten COVID-19 Update
Following the escalation in the impact of COVID-19, Brighten continues to operate at full capacity and without disruption.
They continue to service broker partners and clients whilst ensuring the health and well-being of their staff.
These measures include some staff working remotely. All staff will remain fully operational and remain contactable via their email and phone.
Hardship and Financial Difficulty
Brighten understands that unexpected life events can happen, which may sometimes make it challenging to maintain your loan repayments.
If you have been impacted by COVID-19 or are concerned about your financial position, they encourage you to contact them for financial hardship assistance.
They will work with you to explore payment options which are designed to cater to your change in circumstances.
What home loans types do they have?
Brighten home loans are specialised towards Non-Residents and construction loans. They mainly offer two types of loans.
- Brighten Home Loan
Brighten Home Loan is a package for residential home loans which is available to Non-Residents of Australia. Borrowers can select this type of loan to purchase, refinance or release equity.
- Brighten Easy Builder
- They process your application and supporting documents, and issue you with a complimentary conditional written approval within 48 hours.
- They begin their valuation and income verification process after Application Fee and Valuation Fee are settled.
- They issue you the formal loan approval, then we forward you all the necessary documents you need to sign.
- They finalise your settlement, and your loan is released to you.
Brighten Easy Builder is a package for house and land construction loans which is available to Non-Residents of Australia. Construction loans are managed with progress payments.
How does the Brighten home loan application process work?
Brighten home loans’ experienced, multilingual team is available when you need them to help you navigate your home loan journey.
Their step-by-step application process includes the following:
Compare Brighten home loans to other lenders
Not sure which lender is right for you? Our Home Loan Experts can help!
Our mortgage brokers will first discuss your situation, complete a pre-assessment and then recommend a couple of suitable lender options for you.
Give us a call on 1300 889 743 or complete our free assessment form.