businessOwned by: Australian Securities Exchange (AXS) Listed
monetization_onFunded by: Retail deposits and wholesale capital markets
securityLMI Provider: QBE LMI, Genworth
account_balanceLender type: Bank
Bendigo Bank is not an available lender on our panel. This is a review only.
Operating since the 1800s, Bendigo Bank is one of the biggest banks in Australia. In 2007, it merged with Adelaide Bank to become one of 11 brands managed under the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group.
The bank is known for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. It is currently servicing over 1.9 million customers in over 500 locations Australia-wide.
The main highlight of Bendigo Bank is its unique home loan features. The 100% offset account for fixed-rate loans is its most talked-about offering.
How Do Bendigo Bank’s Home Loans Compare?
What Home Loan Types Does It Have?
Some of the common types of home loans Bendigo Bank provides are:
- Fixed-rate loan
- Variable-rate loan
- Split home loan
- Interest-only home loan (available with almost all its loan products)
These home loan types are curated in unique packages. For example, you could get a variable-rate loan where you pay interest for only five years or get a fixed-rate loan with a 100% offset account. Likewise, you could get a split home loan and interest-only home loan with almost any loan type you select. At Bendigo Bank, you can expect to come across home loan packages that do not exist anywhere else.
Now, apart from the regular types of home loans, the bank also offers Express Home Loans.
Express Home Loans
An Express Home Loan is a great choice for those who want a quick response from their lender and don’t want to spend time filling out paperwork. It has a 100% online format where your application gets assessed as you fill it.
The features of an Express Home Loan are:
- Fast online approval: If you pass the instant credit check, income assessment, valuation, and some basic automated verifications, you can get approved right after completing your application.
- Flexible repayment options: Your repayment type can be principal and interest or interest only. Your repayment frequency could be weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Plus, you could make additional repayments using their online redraw facility.
- Offset facility: A 100% offset is available with both fixed- and variable-rate loans.
Competitive interest rates: It has interest rates as low as 1.99% (as of December 23, 2021).
Please note that the Express Home Loan isn’t available for:
- Expats or foreign residents
- Off-the-plan or construction loans
- Someone living outside a capital city or major regional centre
- An unemployed person
Requirements To Apply For Bendigo Bank Home Loans
Below are the requirements to apply for home loans with Bendigo:
- Be 18 years old or over.
- Be employed and/or have a regular income source. For joint loans, at least one borrower needs to be employed and/or have a regular income.
- Be seeking a loan for personal use and not for business or commercial purposes.
- Be borrowing less than $2.5 million.
Tips For Applying With Bendigo Bank
Below is a list of tips for when you’re applying for Bendigo Bank home loans:
- Have knowledge of the property market and home loan process. Working with a mortgage broker is the most reliable way to ensure you get the best deal.
- Go through the bank’s consumer lending terms and conditions before applying for your home loan. You can find them posted on the official website.
- Check the “How much can I borrow?” and “What would repayments be” calculators from the website to get a clear idea of your borrowing limit.
Compare Bendigo Bank With Other Lenders
Still not sure which lender is right for you? Talk to one of our specialist mortgage brokers at Home Loan Experts.
We will first discuss your situation, complete a pre-assessment and find a couple of suitable lender options for you.
Give us a call on 1300 889 743 or fill in our free online enquiry form.