businessOwned by: Privately Owned
monetization_onFunded by: Banks and Non-Bank Lenders
securityLMI Provider: N/A
account_balanceLender type: Specialist Lender
Granite’s 100% home loan has been withdrawn at the moment. However, it is offering a 95% no LMI home loan for professionals.
Granite Home Loans is an innovative specialist lender that provides a unique solution to borrowers by providing a 100% LVR loan without requiring guarantors or LMI. It aims to alleviate the pain of loan rejections faced by steady income earners who do not have current savings/deposits.
As a company started by previous expert employees of Genworth (an LMI provider), Granite doesn’t charge any LMI premium- a fact both noteworthy and ironic. It also specialises in providing competitive SMSF Residential and Commercial Loans.
How do Granite Home Loans compare?
- Strict credit criteria for both income threshold and industry experience
- Higher repayments in the earlier years
- Higher total interest over the loan period
- Comparatively higher loan fees such as loan establishment fees
- Early exit fees apply to some of their products
- No lump-sum repayments
What home loan products does Granite Home Loans offer?
Granite Home Loans offers three different products:
- Professional: These products are tailored for professionals to buy a residential property without the need to pay LMI or rely on a guarantor, even when borrowing above 80% of the property value.
- SMSF: You can borrow up to 80% for purchase or refinance.
- NDIS: You can either build or buy an SDA-compliant property. PAYG and self-employed borrowers can apply.
Under the professional products, it offers
- 95% loan with waived LMI – no income requirement for university educated professionals with solid income and good job stability.
- 90% loan with waived LMI – with no income requirement for essential workers like police officers, firefighters, paramedics, registered nurses, and primary or secondary teachers
- 85% with waived LMI – for investors, homebuyers and refinancers. A university degree is not required.
Requirements for getting the GRANITE95 Loan
The requirements for getting a 95% LVR Loan are pretty strict and standard. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Borrow $1 million or less.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident with corresponding VISA (living and working in Australia)
- University education
- Employed in the same professional industry for at least three years
- In case of self-employed: minimum 24 months of tax returns and full financials with profit reported each year
- Strong credit history
- Professional roles such as Lawyer, Doctor, Medical Professional, Network Engineer, IT/Telecommunications, Software Developer, Accountant, Auditor, Executive, Manager (White Collar professionals)
Please speak with one of our specialist mortgage brokers by giving us a call on 1300 889 743 or fill in our free online enquiry form.
Tip for applying with Granite Home Loans
If you are a young professional with a good, steady income and are looking to get your own house without having to depend on your parents for a deposit, Granite is a great lender for you. However, in exchange for taking on more risk, the lender charges a higher interest rate, increasing the total loan cost for the borrower.
The lender’s SMSF service provides flexible options for repayments and repayment methods, along with lower rates.
Compare Granite Home Loans to other lenders
There are a lot of lenders to choose from, including non-banks like Bank Australia, to second-tier lenders and major banks.
Where do you start?
Every day, more and more Australians are turning to a mortgage broker to compare lenders and help them to choose the right home loan product for their situation.
Speak with one of our specialist brokers today by calling us on 1300 889 743 or complete our free assessment form and we’ll get back to you to discuss your options.