businessOwned by: Privately Owned
monetization_onFunded by: Self-funded
securityLMI Provider: None
account_balanceLender type: Private lender
Wilson & Copley is a private company owned by its shareholders. It has been in business for 55 years, with the guiding principle of offering only products that provide a benefit to the customer.
Wilson & Copley takes a personal approach to dealing with clients and ensures that business partners are kept updated about their products and services and any changes in them. Their current focus is on providing wholesale funds for first registered (primary) mortgages across Australia.
How Do Wilson & Copley Home Loans Compare?
- Fast settlement for short-term loans
- Wilson & Copley offer short-term loans for terms of up to 12 months. This means you pay the loan off quicker
- Loan application process is typically shorter than a bank’s
- Easier approval process compared with banks, as the criterias are less rigid
- Provides bridging loans
- Provides loans for partially built property
- Offers specialised loans that may not be available from banks
- You can pay loans off early without additional charge
- Considers low-doc and no-doc loans
- Loans are written for a 12-month term so this company may not be suitable for those looking for a long-term loan
- Higher-than-average interest rates
- Does not offer variable-rate loans
- High application fees and charges
- Does not offer guarantor loans
- Lends up to 70% LVR (Loan-to-Value Ratio) so it may not be a good option for those who do not have a sizeable deposit.
- Limited loan products/options
What Home Loan Types Does It Offer?
Some of the common types of home loans Wilson & Copley provides are:
- Bridging loan: Wilson & Copley offers bridging loans to those who need funds to finance their purchase of a new property before they are able to collect the funds from the sale of their existing property. Clients have up to a year to sell their existing property.
- Equity release loan: An equity release loan can be taken out against your property for various purposes, such as for short-term business capital, urgent off-the-plan purchases and personal needs or expenses that could aid in the control of, and orderly sale of, the asset.
- Property investment loan: This loan is for people looking to buy, refinance or renovate a residential owner-occupied property or an investment property and intend on selling it or putting it up for resale within 12 months.
Requirements To Apply For Wilson & Copley Loans
Below are the requirements to apply for home loans with Wilson & Copley:
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Foreign citizens who are applying must be co-borrowing with an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be employed and/or have a regular income source. For joint loans, at least one borrower needs to be employed and/or have a regular income.
- Provide sufficient security in accordance with Wilson & Copley’s credit assessment criteria.
Tips For Applying With Wilson & Copley
Below is a list of tips for when you’re applying for Wilson & Copley home loans:
- Have knowledge of the property market and home loan process. Working with our Home Loan Experts mortgage brokers is the most reliable way to ensure you get the best deal.
- Have as much information and evidence (income, liabilities etc) on hand as possible before submitting.
- Go through the consumer lending terms and conditions before applying for your home loan. You can find them posted on the lender’s official website.
- Check the eligibility criteria and conditions to see if you fit into the lender’s target consumer market. This is also available on the website.
Compare Wilson & Copley With Other Lenders
Still not sure which lender is right for you? Talk to one of our specialist mortgage brokers at Home Loan Experts.
We will first discuss your situation and complete an assessment, then we’ll find the best lender options for you. Give us a call on 1300 889 743 or fill in our free online enquiry form.