A 20 year veteran of the banking and finance industry, Alan loves working with mortgage brokers who are motivated to help Australians achieve their dreams of homeownership.
In his own words, “There is nothing better than seeing the smile on a brokers’ face when they have helped a first home buyer in their new home or assisted a client with finance for their dream property when their own lender has declined them.”
He’s been working with brokers to grow their business and achieve success in a highly evolving market ever since.
Alan specialises in:
- Business strategy
- Driving sales and balance sheet growth for broker businesses
- Talent recruitment
- Performance management
- Relationship management with lenders, aggregators and other business partners
Over the years, Alan has held key positions across major banks and brokerages.
For the past seven years, he was the General Manager of Oxygen Home Loans – a mortgage broking business attached to McGrath Estate Agents.
In the role, he was responsible for working with a team of 30 brokers to provide six-star service to their customers and assist the brokers in growing their businesses.
Prior to that, he worked for St George Bank starting in Product Management before moving into the Third Party space working across personal loans, and then finally into the mortgage space as the State Manager.
Prior to St George, he worked in different Product Management roles at Commonwealth Bank.
His different roles include:
- General Manager, Oxygen Home Loans
- Third-Party- Regional Manager (Southern NSW), St George Bank
- Third-Party – National Manager Consumer Broker Sales, St George Bank
- Master of Business Administration – Sydney Graduate School of Management
- Certificate IV in Financial Services – Mortgage Broking – AAMC Training Group
- Certificate III in Banking – TAFE
- Diploma Financial Services, Mortgage Broking – Institute of Strategic Management
- Diploma in Marketing Management – TAFE
Alan in the news
Alan has been quoted numerous times in the media over the years and has been a regular contributor to different media outlets such as:
- Australian Financial Review – ‘Rental markets to tighten as APRA’s curbs stifle investors’
- Your Mortgage Magazine – ‘Here’s what millennials think can make housing more accessible’
- The Adviser – ‘Millennials call for more housing regulation’
- Elite Agent – ‘Experts weigh in on the Reserve Bank of Australia’s rate-hold’
- The Sydney Morning Herald – ‘House Investors to pick up slack as first home buyers retreat: AFG’
- Elite Agent – ‘Reserve Bank Board maintains current policy settings’
- The Daily Telegraph – ‘Investors look to Australian holiday towns as housing prices soar’
- The Adviser – ‘RBA announces rate decision for March’
- Australian Broker – ‘A Helping Hand For Brokers’
- MPA Magazine – ‘AMA panel looks at the key ingredients of broker success’
- Sydney Morning Herald – ‘Major banks on mission to reduce ‘time to yes’ for loan approvals’
- The Adviser – ‘Major brokerage appoints new CEO’
- Australian Broker – ‘Home Loan Experts appoints first CEO’
- Australian Financial Review – ‘Home-buying intentions near pre-pandemic levels’
- The Adviser – ‘Brokerage sees 30pc spike in Queensland settlements’
- The Adviser – ‘Where to from here?’
- Elite Agent – ‘Reserve Bank Board maintains current policy settings and leaves official cash rate on hold’
- The Real Estate Conversation – ‘Can you influence your credit score?’
- The Real Estate Conversation – ‘A mortgage market update’