Home Loan Experts is one of Australia’s leading specialist mortgage brokers.
We are available to assist the media with comments regarding the banking industry, specifically the mortgage market.
Home Loan Experts is a mortgage broking business located in Sydney which specialises in complex loans and assisting people who do not meet standard bank lending criteria.
Director & Owner: Otto Dargan
Mortgage Brokers: 30
Size of loan book: $1 billion
Our company was started in 2006 when the director was only 23 years of age. Despite the impact of the global financial crisis (GFC) in 2008 and new regulations in 2010, the company quickly grew to become one of Australia’s leading specialist mortgage brokers.
The success of the business is largely due to our unique business strategy of being experts in niches within the mortgage industry rather than focusing on the mass market.
Our managing director Otto Dargan was named Australia’s Brightest Broker in both 2011 and 2012 and is well known in the industry.
Home Loan Experts has also been a finalist for several major awards including the Telstra Business Awards, the Australian Broking Awards’ Brokerage of the Year and the Australian Mortgage Awards.
In addition to this, we have been recognised by some of our lender partners, including the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) and St. George Bank, as being one of their top mortgage brokers for both lending volumes, application quality and loan book quality.
Topics we cover
Before you use content from our website please refer to our terms.
From time to time, we are available to provide comment from our customers, whether they’re a first home buyer or property investor.
- The Australian banking industry.
- The mortgage industry.
- Mortgage broking.
- The property market.
- First home buyers.
- Responsible lending legislation (NCCP Act).
What we specialise in
- High net worth clients
- Credit scoring
- Fixed interest rates
- Non-conforming loans
- Guarantor loans
- Investment loans
- Low doc loans
- Non resident lending for temporary residents, foreign investors and Australian expatriates
- Self employed lending
- Specialised employment
- Trust or company loans
- SMSF lending
- Construction loans
- Property valuations
- Genuine savings requirements
- Lenders mortgage insurance
- Borrowing capacity
- Properties which are difficult to finance
Images & downloads
Home Loan Experts logo
|650×473 image||650×197 image|
|3456×2514 image||3456×1025 image|
|Download the logo guidelines.|
Managing Director: Otto Dargan
|650×434 image||650×434 image||650×434 image|
|1800×1200 image||1800×1200 image||1800×1200 image|
Please contact us for more copies of our logo or other high resolution pictures of our director or mortgage brokers.
If you would like help with a story or a comment for an article that you are writing then please call (02) 8065 4172 (+61 2 9194 1700 from outside Australia) and ask to speak to Andrew Tsanadis.
If you would like a comment from one of our customers who has purchased a home recently then please email or call us.
Alternatively, you can email a list of questions to email@example.com
Subscribe to our media releases
Our media releases cover recent developments in the housing and mortgage markets. In addition to this we report on recent changes made by the banks and new tools available to property investors and potential home buyers.
You can subscribe to our email distribution list by sending us your name, title, company, email address and contact numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Loan Experts in the media
- Property investors set to miss out – 3 August 2015
- Western Sydney broker crowned Australia’s best – 3 August 2015
- Owning a property out of reach for most Aussies within 50 years – 20 February 2015
- Industry hits back in battle over lending standards – 31 October 2014
- Top Sydney firm continues expanding – 19 June 2014
- Prize-winning broker lands marketing grant – 5 February 2014
- The top 7 infrastructure projects in Sydney – 20 January 2014
- The Word – 29 April 2013
- Smart Business
- Mortgage Broker Efficiency
- A Master Plan
- 30 Under 30
- Critical mass for brokers – 28 November 2008
Australian Broker Online
- Broker stands up to alleged contract breach – 12 September 2014
- Choice comments on lax lending standards – 15 January 2014
- Pension changes to affect the mortgage industry – 6 May 2014
- Home Loan Experts: Growing Beyond The Borders – 1 October 2015
Video: ‘Are you ready to head offshore?’
- RBA wary of Chinese downturn’s effect on Australian housing market – 18 April 2016
- Rate rises to wait until after election – 21 April 2016
Australian Financial Review
- Macquarie joins clampdown on property investors – 22 May 2015
- Tighter investor lending rules will speed up foreign investment in property – 23 May 2015
- How A 457 Visa Holder Bought A Home In Australia – 31 October 2014
- Mortgages for 457 Visa Holders – 30 July 2014
- Top broker advises on maximum growth with minimum pain – 18 June 2015
- No place like the home you own – 19 February 2014
The Courier Mail
- National Australia Bank baulks at lending in Brisbane hot spots – 17 October 2016
- Banks continue their crackdown on investor home loans – 20 May 2015
The Daily Telegraph
- ‘What should you do with the interest rate drop?’ – 2 August 2016
- Foreign incomes do not count for temporary residents buying property in Australia – 19 April 2016
- First home buyers consider credit cards to cover deposit shortfall – 30 September 2015
- What house does $48 million buy? An average one in 2064 – 1 November 2014
- Mixed use properties – 8 March 2014
- Financing studio apartments – 16 March 2013
- Seeking a second mortgage?
The Finance Professional
- Brokerpedia assists leading broker – July 2010
- How do lenders view the Gold Coast? – 20 March 2012
The Herald Sun
- ‘A majority of Australians are keen to invest in property’ – 24 October 2016
- ‘Darwin apartment value losses raises concerns for NAB’ – 17 October 2016
- ‘Banks withhold rate cuts to its customers as RBA meets to discuss further interest cut’ – 2 August 2016
- Melbourne median house price to break $1m mark ‘by 2021’ – 14 November 2014
Human Resources Director Magazine (HRD)
- Revealed: Australia’s best employers – 19 May 2015
International Business Times
- ‘Australian banks earn extra $1.4 billion by keeping half of RBA interest rate cut’ – 3 August 2016
- NAB lists postcodes facing high default risks – Sydney suburbs among the highest – 30 September 2015
- How Your Job Affects Your Ability To Secure A Home Loan – 11 March 2015
- How To Dodge Mortgage Insurance Fees When Applying For A Home Loan – 18 February 2015
- How Being A Home Owner Improves Your Sex Life – 29 August 2014
- How Much Does A $700,000 Property In Sydney Really Cost? – 6 August 2014
- How To Improve Your Credit Score – 8 September 2016
Mortgage Professional Australia
- Can your profession save you on your home loan? – 15 July 2014
Mortgage Professional Australia
- BOQ raises rates on existing investor loans – 4 August 2015
- If you missed it…the Top 10 Independent Brokerages of 2014 – 24 October 2014
- Death of low-docs? (page 2)
- Lending to Foreigners
- Positive Credit Reporting
- Guarantor Loans
- ‘Home loan customers do not know what interest rate they pay’ – 7 September 2016
- ‘Same-day home loans on their way’ – 26 August 2016
- ‘Home loan customers miss out on savings as the big banks play scrooge’ – 3 August 2016
- First-home buyers are making a comeback with a helping hand – 20 June 2016
- Reserve Bank keeps low interest rate on hold, homeowners warned against being ripped off – 1 March 2016
- Borrowers are confused on what is a good interest rate – 9 November 2015
- Borrowers with small deposits for a home are getting stung – 23 May 2015
- 银行提高房产投资者首付要求 Bankwest最多贷款8成 – 22 May 2015
- Banks continue their crackdown on investor home loans – 21 May 2015
- Nation’s biggest banks scales back on investment loans – 15 May 2015
- How to beat over-40s mortgage trap, as banks reject older borrowers – 25 February 2015
- Mortgage brokers are being rewarded with bigger commissions with warnings it could affect their objectivity – 30 September 2014
- How to save on your home loan and get a giant discount – 3 May 2014
- How to get the secret home loan deals doctors do – 22 April 2014
- Are heritage homes worth the hassle? – 28 April 2010
- How to take control of your home loan – 17 September 2016
- Property owners set to miss out on further rate drops – 30 July 2015
- Borrowers with small deposits for a home are getting stung – 22 May 2015
- Fixed or variable? – 7 July 2015
- 5 ways to fail at international property investing – 9 March 2015
- Owning a property will be out of reach for most Aussies within 50 years – 12 February 2015
- The top 7 infrastructure projects in Sydney – 8 January 2015
Smart Property Investment
- Can overseas property investment work? – 8 July 2015
- Should you consider a guarantor loan? – 9 March 2015
- 3 unexpected factors limiting your borrowing capacity – 10 February 2015
- Bad credit doesn’t mean you can’t borrow – 2 October 2014
- Builder cash backs: A wolf in sheep’s clothing? – 29 January 2014
- How to get a low rate with a 95% loan – 12 November 2013
- Why construction loans just don’t work – 4 November 2013
- How to give yourself a rate cut – 30 October 2013
- Can you buy an investment property with no deposit? – 21 October 2013
- Should I buy a home or an investment property first? – 14 October 2013
- How smart investors avoid paying LMI – 8 October 2013
- What causes big investors to lose it all? – 30 September 2013
- Which property strategy is the winner? – 23 September 2013
- Can investors still borrow 97%? – 16 September 2013
- New credit scoring system will catch out investors – 9 September 2013
- Banks out the brakes on mining towns – 2 September 2013
Smart Property Investment Profile
- $3 million before age 30 – December 2011
The Sydney Morning Herald
- Fixed mortgage rates slashed as banks bet on RBA cut – 1 August 2016
- Banks tighten home lending controls – 5 Jan 2016
- ‘Restricted postcodes’: NAB names suburbs where credit risk getting worse – 28 September 2015
- Interest rate gap between investors and owner-occupiers to widen – 4 August 2015
- Lenders ‘conservative’ with low-deposit loans – 1 June 2015
- Macquarie joins clampdown on property investors – 22 May 2015
- Banks more cautious on high-risk home loans – 10 June 2014
- Mixed-use properties – March 8 2014
- SMSF Risks – 23 January 2014
- Mining towns – 26 November 2013
- Mortgage belt loosens, but not for first-home buyers – 22 July 2009
- The story behind Nepal’s first BPO – 7 April 2014
- 4 myths about Australian home loans – 31 March 2014
Your Investment Property Magazine
- Gold from granny flats (page 3)
- Rate Rise Coming, Despite Election Delay – 22 April 2016
Your Mortgage Magazine
Terms for using our website content
By accessing the Home Loan Experts website and/or republishing our content, you agree to be bound by these terms.
Accuracy of our information
We regularly update the information on this website and try to keep it up-to-date with policy, product, template and pricing changes. However, we give no assurance or warranty that the information is current and take no responsibility for any loss or inconvenience caused by a person or organisation relying on this information.
If you are writing an article then we recommend that you use our website for research purposes and then contact us to discuss your story.
Copyright for this website rests with Home Loan Experts unless otherwise stated.
This website is protected using copyscape. All attempts to rewrite or copy our content that is not in accordance with the below requirements will be met with immediate legal action.
Republishing our content
You may republish or quote from our website content if you:
- Are a journalist.
- Are not a competitor such as a bank, mortgage broker or are an internet marketer.
- Credit the source with a clearly visible link to the page that you have taken this information from OR if the article you are writing is not online then referencing homeloanexperts.com.au as the source is acceptable.
- Agree that Home Loan Experts reserves the right to request that you remove content of ours that you have republished or rewritten.
Please note that we encourage journalists to use our content in their articles. The purpose of these rules is to prevent competitors from copying our website or rewriting our content for commercial purposes.
We regularly write guest articles for other websites, if you would like our assistance then please call our office on (02) 8065 4172 to speak to our online content manager Andrew Tsanadis.
No legal or financial advice
The information on our website should not be considered legal or financial advice. Please consult with a professional such as an accountant or lawyer for specific advice for your article.
Our forum and social media pages
People who are not employees of Home Loan Experts regularly use our forums and interact with us using social media.
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers and other information made available by other people are those of the respective author and we are not responsible for this material.