With a several years’ experience in financial planning and wealth management, Jonathan made the move to become a mortgage broker to help other Australians buy real estate and build the life they want.
Having built a solid property investment portfolio in his own right, he has long recognised that the biggest challenge in building wealth in real estate is getting approved for a home loan that best suits your long term goals.
Jonathan truly is a home loan expert that will keep in close contact with you, from your initial enquiry through to settlement and beyond. Your success is his success.
- Investment loans.
- Non-residents including foreigners, temporary residents and Australian expats.
- Self-employed borrowers (low doc and no doc).
- Hybrid unit, family/discretionary and property investment trusts.
- Professionals seeking interest rate discounts and waived LMI including doctors and lawyers.
- Borrowers with a low deposit.
- First home buyers (FHBs).
- Commercial property and business finance.
Jonathan has worked in finance and investing for some time, including more than two years in financial planning.
His first role was as a financial adviser at Perpetual working with high net worth clients to build investment portfolios that best suited their risk profile.
His financial advisory career continued at National Financial Advisers as head of ongoing service for retail clients (small investors).
During this time, Jonathan started investing in property (at the end of 2012) and in 2015, wrote Australian Property Investing: 2016 (available as Kindle download), which went to #1 in the ‘Buying & Selling Homes’ category on Amazon.
Later, in 2016, he founded the Australian Property Podcast (available on iTunes).
Overall, Jonathan’s finance and investment experience spans 10 years so you can be sure that you’re working with an expert.
Want to join our team as a mortgage broker?
We’re always looking to hire the right candidate!
Please send through your resume through to email@example.com.
- Diploma of Business (Marketing) – North Sydney Institute (NSI).
- Certificate IV in Advertising – NSI.
- Diploma of Financial Services – Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA).
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance – Kaplan.
- Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking – National Finance Institute.
Jonathan was nominated by the top professionals and leaders in the mortgage broking industry to make Mortgage Professional Australia‘s ‘Young Guns’ list of 2018.
Only 30 brokers in Australia make the list so this is a massive achievement.
As one of our most senior mortgage brokers, Jonathan continues to turn the home owning dreams of many Australians into a reality.
Jonathan in the news
Jonathan has been featured on a number of television and radio programs as well as in print publications, most notably:
- The Sydney Morning Herald – ‘Checking on lunch kebabs: Has the home loan crackdown gone too far?’.
- Mortgage Professional Australia – ‘Honing in on high net worth investors helped this broker have a cracker year’.
- The Sydney Morning Herald – ‘First home buyers getting older’.
- The Daily Telegraph – ‘Buyers beat odds to nab Sydney bargains hundreds of thousands of dollars below asking price’.
- Mortgage Professional Australia – ‘When the dust just won’t settle’.
- Sky Business.
- Money News with Ross Greenwood on 2GB.
- SPI Online.
- Onproperty.com.au – ‘Investor Profile: Jonathan Preston – 5 Properties in 4 Years’.
- Which Investment Property? – ‘Squatters took over my western Sydney property’.
Jonathan’s client stories
- Six Months In The Making: Cash-Out Refinance
Helped us get a home loan where my income is a government PhD scholarship
I am sure that without the help of Jonathan and Pranamya, we wouldn't have a home loan. My partner has a regular PAYG income but I am on a government scholarship for my PhD. They helped us find a bank with a competitive interest rate that would accept my income as income for the loan. They helped us from finding a loan all the way to settlement.
Baulkham Hills, NSW
Excellent brokers and great guys! They were able to get loans across for my wife and I which other brokers were not able to assist. Any investors should seriously contact the Home Loan Experts team and ask to talk to Jonathan and his assistant Sonali.