With a several years’ experience in financial planning and wealth management, Jonathan made the move to become a mortgage broker to help other Australians buy real estate and build the life they want.
Having built a solid property investment portfolio in his own right, he has long recognised that the biggest challenge in building wealth in real estate is getting approved for a home loan that best suits your long term goals.
Jonathan truly is a home loan expert that will keep in close contact with you, from your initial enquiry through to settlement and beyond. Your success is his success.
- Investment loans.
- Non-residents including foreigners, temporary residents and Australian expats.
- Self-employed borrowers (low doc and no doc).
- Hybrid unit, family/discretionary and property investment trusts.
- Professionals seeking interest rate discounts and waived LMI including doctors and lawyers.
- Borrowers with a low deposit.
- First home buyers (FHBs).
- Commercial property and business finance.
Jonathan has worked in finance and investing for some time, including more than two years in financial planning.
His first role was as a financial adviser at Perpetual working with high net worth clients to build investment portfolios that best suited their risk profile.
His financial advisory career continued at National Financial Advisers as head of ongoing service for retail clients (small investors).
During this time, Jonathan started investing in property (at the end of 2012) and in 2015, wrote Australian Property Investing: 2016 (available as Kindle download), which went to #1 in the ‘Buying & Selling Homes’ category on Amazon.
Later, in 2016, he founded the Australian Property Podcast (available on iTunes).
Overall, Jonathan’s finance and investment experience spans 10 years so you can be sure that you’re working with an expert.
Want to join our team as a mortgage broker?
We’re always looking to hire the right candidate!
Please send through your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diploma of Business (Marketing) – North Sydney Institute (NSI).
- Certificate IV in Advertising – NSI.
- Diploma of Financial Services – Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA).
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance – Kaplan.
- Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking – National Finance Institute.
Jonathan was nominated by the top professionals and leaders in the mortgage broking industry to make Mortgage Professional Australia‘s ‘Young Guns’ list of 2018.
Only 30 brokers in Australia make the list so this is a massive achievement.
As one of our most senior mortgage brokers, Jonathan continues to turn the home owning dreams of many Australians into a reality.
Jonathan in the news
Jonathan has been featured on a number of television and radio programs as well as in print publications, most notably:
- The Sydney Morning Herald – ‘Checking on lunch kebabs: Has the home loan crackdown gone too far?’.
- Mortgage Professional Australia – ‘Honing in on high net worth investors helped this broker have a cracker year’.
- The Sydney Morning Herald – ‘First home buyers getting older’.
- The Daily Telegraph – ‘Buyers beat odds to nab Sydney bargains hundreds of thousands of dollars below asking price’.
- Mortgage Professional Australia – ‘When the dust just won’t settle’.
- Sky Business.
- Money News with Ross Greenwood on 2GB.
- SPI Online.
- Onproperty.com.au – ‘Investor Profile: Jonathan Preston – 5 Properties in 4 Years’.
- Which Investment Property? – ‘Squatters took over my western Sydney property’.
Lori & Doug
Sydney, NSW, AU
Many thanks to the team that helped us secure a home loan Jonathan Preston, Sage (Sanju) Shahi & Ajar Rajbhandari. They are extremely knowledgeable and thorough. They guided us through the whole home loan application process until we received our formal approval today. There is no way we could have secured a loan on our own due to our financial situation being a bit complex one if us is on DSP. This team believed we could do it and worked with us to achieve this goal.
Their website is full of great resources. Every question I could think of is answered on their website.
Happy with the rate they secured for us! Definitely recommend Home Loan Expert team to anyone who needs efficient brokers.
Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC, AU
We have dealt with this company twice now over the last 2 years. First they helped us to refinance our mortgage in order to buy a car and consolidate our debt all into one which seemed like an impossible task at the time. The process just seemed so overwhelming and we didn't know where to start so we contacted Jonathan. 2 years later they were proactive in getting us an even better deal with a fixed rate on our mortgage which we are very happy with. They even take the time to send us a message on our birthdays. Highly recommend and will use this service again!