With a several years’ experience in financial planning and wealth management, Jonathan made the move to become a mortgage broker to help other Australians buy real estate and build the life they want.
Having built a solid property investment portfolio in his own right, he has long recognised that the biggest challenge in building wealth in real estate is getting approved for a home loan that best suits your long term goals.
Jonathan truly is a home loan expert that will keep in close contact with you, from your initial enquiry through to settlement and beyond. Your success is his success.
- Investment loans.
- Non-residents including foreigners, temporary residents and Australian expats.
- Self-employed borrowers (low doc and no doc).
- Hybrid unit, family/discretionary and property investment trusts.
- Professionals seeking interest rate discounts and waived LMI including doctors and lawyers.
- Borrowers with a low deposit.
- First home buyers (FHBs).
- Commercial property and business finance.
Jonathan has worked in finance and investing for some time, including more than two years in financial planning.
His first role was as a financial adviser at Perpetual working with high net worth clients to build investment portfolios that best suited their risk profile.
His financial advisory career continued at National Financial Advisers as head of ongoing service for retail clients (small investors).
During this time, Jonathan started investing in property (at the end of 2012) and in 2015, wrote Australian Property Investing: 2016 (available as Kindle download), which went to #1 in the ‘Buying & Selling Homes’ category on Amazon.
Later, in 2016, he founded the Australian Property Podcast (available on iTunes).
Overall, Jonathan’s finance and investment experience spans 10 years so you can be sure that you’re working with an expert.
Want to join our team as a mortgage broker?
We’re always looking to hire the right candidate!
Please send through your resume through to email@example.com.
- Diploma of Business (Marketing) – North Sydney Institute (NSI).
- Certificate IV in Advertising – NSI.
- Diploma of Financial Services – Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA).
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance – Kaplan.
- Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking – National Finance Institute.
Jonathan in the news
Jonathan has been featured on a number of television and radio programs as well as in print publications, most notably:
- The Daily Telegraph – ‘Buyers beat odds to nab Sydney bargains hundreds of thousands of dollars below asking price’.
- Mortgage Professional Australia – ‘When the dust just won’t settle’.
- Sky Business.
- Money News with Ross Greenwood on 2GB.
- SPI Online.
- Onproperty.com.au – ‘Investor Profile: Jonathan Preston – 5 Properties in 4 Years’.
- Which Investment Property? – ‘Squatters took over my western Sydney property’.
Thank you Jonathan and Shreya, I will definitely be recommending you and your company to my friends. With all your help, expertise & professionalism, I cannot say how easy you have made us feel dealing with you.
Marcus & Angela
Marcus and I would like to thank you very much for your hard work and patience during our re-mortgage. After injuring my back and having to leave work, our world and our family fell apart. Not only dealing with pain and depression, we were faced with the possibility of losing our home. After talking with you, I felt like I was speaking with a friend. Your patient and tolerant nature kept my anxiety under control, even when dealing with issues of proof of identity. At every opportunity you gave us assurances that it would all work out.
Your constant promise of communication was well fulfilled and we were kept up to date with everything that was happening along the way. Dealing with Australian Financial Securities Authority, our Mortgage Lender/s and other parties you were always professional.
Our only wish through this was to be able to move on with our lives and put the worst behind us. While I am still not working, we have been able to keep our home, be financially viable and just deal with the things I have like my health.
I can only commend Home Loan Experts through your representation. You made it easy, without stress, friendly and trusting. I felt I was in good hands all along; I cannot thank you enough for the change you have brought about in our life. I would recommend your services to friends and family alike.