With a several years’ experience in financial planning and wealth management, Jonathan made the move to become a mortgage broker to help other Australians buy real estate and build the life they want.
Having built a solid property investment portfolio in his own right, he has long recognised that the biggest challenge in building wealth in real estate is getting approved for a home loan that best suits your long term goals.
Jonathan truly is a home loan expert that will keep in close contact with you, from your initial enquiry through to settlement and beyond. Your success is his success.
- Investment loans.
- Non-residents including foreigners, temporary residents and Australian expats.
- Self-employed borrowers (low doc and no doc).
- Hybrid unit, family/discretionary and property investment trusts.
- Professionals seeking interest rate discounts and waived LMI including doctors and lawyers.
- Borrowers with a low deposit.
- First home buyers (FHBs).
- Commercial property and business finance.
Jonathan has worked in finance and investing for some time, including more than two years in financial planning.
His first role was as a financial adviser at Perpetual working with high net worth clients to build investment portfolios that best suited their risk profile.
His financial advisory career continued at National Financial Advisers as head of ongoing service for retail clients (small investors).
During this time, Jonathan started investing in property (at the end of 2012) and in 2015, wrote Australian Property Investing: 2016 (available as Kindle download), which went to #1 in the ‘Buying & Selling Homes’ category on Amazon.
Later, in 2016, he founded the Australian Property Podcast (available on iTunes).
Overall, Jonathan’s finance and investment experience spans 10 years so you can be sure that you’re working with an expert.
Want to join our team as a mortgage broker?
We’re always looking to hire the right candidate!
Please send through your resume through to email@example.com.
- Diploma of Business (Marketing) – North Sydney Institute (NSI).
- Certificate IV in Advertising – NSI.
- Diploma of Financial Services – Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA).
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance – Kaplan.
- Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking – National Finance Institute.
Jonathan was nominated by the top professionals and leaders in the mortgage broking industry to make Mortgage Professional Australia‘s ‘Young Guns’ list of 2018.
Only 30 brokers in Australia make the list so this is a massive achievement.
As one of our most senior mortgage brokers, Jonathan continues to turn the home owning dreams of many Australians into a reality.
Over the years, he has also received numerous finalist nods from leading industry awards such as:
- Broker of the Year – Specialist Lending at the Australian Mortgage Awards 2020
- Broker of the Year – Specialist Lending at the Australian Mortgage Awards 2019
- Best All-Round Broker of the Year at the Connective Excellence Award 2019
- Rising Star at the Connective Excellence Award 2019
Jonathan In The News
Jonathan has been featured on a number of television and radio programs as well as in print publications, most notably:
- MPA Magazine – Workers income protection no barrier to loans
- Australian Broker – Are homeowners ready for the mortgage cliff?
- MPA Magazine – What should customers be asking their mortgage brokers?
- MPA Magazine – Marketing tips from Home Loan Experts Jonathan Preston
- MPA Magazine – How Jonathan Preston became a Home Loan Expert
- The Sydney Morning Herald – ‘Checking on lunch kebabs: Has the home loan crackdown gone too far?’.
- Mortgage Professional Australia – ‘Honing in on high net worth investors helped this broker have a cracker year’.
- The Sydney Morning Herald – ‘First home buyers getting older’.
- The Daily Telegraph – ‘Buyers beat odds to nab Sydney bargains hundreds of thousands of dollars below asking price’.
- Mortgage Professional Australia – ‘When the dust just won’t settle’.
- Sky Business.
- Money News with Ross Greenwood on 2GB.
- SPI Online.
- Onproperty.com.au – ‘Investor Profile: Jonathan Preston – 5 Properties in 4 Years’.
- Which Investment Property? – ‘Squatters took over my western Sydney property’.
Jonathan’s Client Stories
Leave It To The Experts At Home Loan Experts!
It’s fair to say that when you buy a new home, you really need many (little and big) things to go your way. The great people at Home Loan Experts (Jonathan, Nancy & Jeshan) took the time to understand our family’s needs, provided suitable solutions and competitive options, shared their sound advice, and most of all guided us through the entire home-buying journey. My wife and I felt at ease at all times due to the constant attention, care, and communication demonstrated by the team at regular intervals, over the last two years. We’re extremely grateful and thankful for our new home - and this great team led by Jonathan is how we finally got there! Many thanks.
Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
Home Loan Experts - The Name Says It All!!
Jonathan and his team from Home loan experts provided us with excellent service. Detailed instructions and step-by-step guidance in
1) Selecting a provider for the loan
3) General home selling and buying tips
4) Risk awareness
were given to enable us to make the right choice. Highly recommend this team to anyone looking for help as they go out of their way to ensure their clients are looked after.