A 20 year veteran of the banking and finance industry, Alan loves working with mortgage brokers who are motivated to help Australians achieve their dreams of homeownership.
In his own words, “There is nothing better than seeing the smile on a brokers’ face when they have helped a first home buyer in their new home or assisted a client with finance for their dream property when their own lender has declined them.”
He’s been working with brokers to grow their business and achieve success in a highly evolving market ever since.
Alan specialises in:
- Business strategy
- Driving sales and balance sheet growth for broker businesses
- Talent recruitment
- Performance management
- Relationship management with lenders, aggregators and other business partners
Over the years, Alan has held key positions across major banks and brokerages.
For the past seven years, he was the General Manager of Oxygen Home Loans – a mortgage broking business attached to McGrath Estate Agents.
In the role, he was responsible for working with a team of 30 brokers to provide six-star service to their customers and assist the brokers in growing their businesses.
Prior to that, he worked for St George Bank starting in Product Management before moving into the Third Party space working across personal loans, and then finally into the mortgage space as the State Manager.
Prior to St George, he worked in different Product Management roles at Commonwealth Bank.
His different roles include:
- General Manager, Oxygen Home Loans
- Third-Party- Regional Manager (Southern NSW), St George Bank
- Third-Party – National Manager Consumer Broker Sales, St George Bank
- Master of Business Administration – Sydney Graduate School of Management
- Certificate IV in Financial Services – Mortgage Broking – AAMC Training Group
- Certificate III in Banking – TAFE
- Diploma Financial Services, Mortgage Broking – Institute of Strategic Management
- Diploma in Marketing Management – TAFE
Alan in the news
Alan has been quoted numerous times in the media over the years and has been a regular contributor to different media outlets such as: