Home Loan Experts was founded in 2006 by our managing director Otto Dargan. Since then, the business has gone from strength to strength, settling over $800,000,000 in home loans.
Due to our business’s rapid growth, we are always looking for new brokers who are dedicated and hard working to help achieve our company goals.
We have a strong focus on customer satisfaction as well as targeting credit niches which most brokers don’t have the experience to handle.
Due to the complex nature of the loans we deal with we require the best from all of our employees.
Why work for us?
- We’re here to help people
- Our customers love us
- There are opportunities for career progression as we grow
- Continual training and professional development
- Get mentored by Australia’s brightest broker
- Give customers what they need with a large panel of lenders
- Market leading systems and processes
- No office politics or corporate nonsense
- Unlimited earning potential (mortgage brokers)
- Leads provided (mortgage brokers)
- Our support team will help with your work (mortgage brokers)
- Be part of a fun progressive company with flexible working hours and a healthy office policy
- Our fantastic reputation in the industry
- Our managers are trained in management so they’ll act professionally and fairly
- We’re financially stable
Ability to grow with the company
Home Loan Experts is constantly growing. With new and exciting roles on the horizon we are always looking for fresh up-and-comers. There are always opportunities to take on greater responsibility and, if you are successful, even mentorship roles.
Our rewards and incentives program allows us to acknowledge our employees’ achievements, so you will never feel as though you have not been recognised.
How have our support staff grown?
Our fantastic career development opportunities mean there is always room to grow and take on new and challenging roles.
Many of our staff began working for us in junior roles, and now they not only have a career path and a clear direction but a bright future ahead of them as well.
No office politics or corporate nonsense
You won’t be swallowed up by a corporate machine or feel lost in the crowd. We know that building good relationships with co-workers means that day to day tasks can be completed efficiently.
At the end of the day, Home Loan Experts wants its employees to be happy to come to work. Our employees are our biggest assets.
Be part of a progressive company
We have implemented new IT systems and have the latest technology to ensure our employees have all the resources they need to complete their job efficiently.
Our goal is to be the pioneer in our industry; we’re always trying new things and striving to improve.
Friendly office environment
Our staff are friendly and supportive so you never feel like you can’t speak to your co-workers for advice. Home Loan Experts has a mentor program, ensuring new mortgage brokers receive guidance from our senior brokers.
This means that you always have someone to brainstorm with when finding the right solution for a customer.
Continual training and professional development
As a broker you need to be aware of the constant changes within the industry. At Home Loan Experts, we are dedicated to promoting training and professional development to ensure that our brokers have current knowledge and are up to and above the industry standards.
There are always opportunities for industry training days and Home Loan Experts is even willing to pay for you to attend training sessions that will help you in your role. We believe that having the right training and knowledge is essential so our customers receive an outstanding level of service.
Unlimited earning potential
We understand that income is important. Because our brokers are paid commission, it is entirely up to them how much they earn – the sky’s the limit.
We supply you with leads every day and our clients are always high quality so continuing business is never a problem. Brokers receive an initial upfront commission and then continue to receive trail for the loans they have settled.
Plenty of customers to talk to
Effectively, you will have as many leads as you can handle. We have around 50 to 100 qualified leads each month for every broker. Our leads come to us through our past customers, professional referrers, seminars and website.
We will also guide you on how to build professional relationships to gain your own clients.
Freedom to work your own hours
Brokers have the ability to work their own hours, so it doesn’t matter whether you are a morning person or a night person. We understand that things may pop up during the day and this can’t be avoided.
At Home Loan Experts we work around your personal life so you can have the best of both worlds.
Our fantastic reputation in the industry
We have built a reputation on being efficient, professional and knowledgeable. It is because of this that our clients choose us to represent them. The banks have recognised this and have given us priority.
We have achieved the highest level of segmentation with several lenders:
- ‘Diamond Broker’ with the Commonwealth Bank
- ‘Flame Broker’ with St. George Bank
- ‘Advantage Plus Broker’ with Westpac
- ‘Four Star’ broker with National Australia Bank
If you are currently working in a major bank then talk to the mortgage broking division to find out what they think about our company.
We also boast...
- Australia’s Brightest Mortgage Broker, Otto Dargan (Broker IQ winner 2011 & 2012)
- Selected as a NSW Finalist for the Telstra Australian Business Awards (2012)
- Finalist for Brokerage of the Year (Australian Mortgage Awards 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014)
- Named one of Australia’s ‘Top 25’ brokerages by The Adviser in both 2013 and 2014
Check out our Awards And Memberships to read more about our achievements.
Apply today by emailing email@example.com.
What do we look for in an employee?
- Everyone we hire must be fluent in English and have excellent maths and computer skills. We will test you on these basic skills in the interview so please do not apply if you don’t meet this criteria.
- Brokers must have significant and relevant industry experience (see below).
- Must be organised and have impeccable attention to detail because mistakes can be costly to our customers and our company.
- Must be a hard worker who can reach monthly targets.
- We only hire people for the long term so don’t apply if you are just looking for a summer job.
- We have a preference for ambitious, results-focused and proactive people.
If that sounds like you then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should apply?
We encourage a diverse range of people to apply for different positions. Whether you are an industry professional or still studying, Home Loan Experts is always willing to train the right candidates.
If you are looking for your next career move then why not consider becoming a mortgage broker? We value knowledge and experience so if you have credit knowledge and bank experience then we welcome you to submit your resume.
We will consider applications from people have experience as a:
- Mortgage broker
- Credit analyst / credit manager
- Mobile banker / mobile lender / home finance manager / mortgage specialist
- Other experienced professionals will be considered on a case by case basis
To apply, email email@example.com. Please include a copy of your curriculum vitae and a cover letter explaining why you want to work for us.
We know what a big change it can be switching from university to a working environment. That’s why we offer unpaid internships for young professionals wanting to broaden their knowledge in the industry. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone wanting experience before entering a banking career, specifically in the mortgage department.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Internship.’ Please include your reasons for wanting to work for us and your curriculum vitae.
If you are interested in becoming a mortgage broker, or getting a kick start in the finance industry, then we can offer you unpaid work experience. You will get an inside look at the industry and see how our business operates on a day to day basis.
We accept applications from all types of students including those in their penultimate year of university or students completing their higher school certificate.
Please email email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Student Work Experience’. Please let us know your reasons for wanting to undertake work experience with us.