Can I get approved while on maternity leave?
Yes, you can get approved for a home loan while on maternity leave, however not with every lender and only a few lenders accept parents on unpaid leave.
We’ve written a page about maternity leave home loans with more information about what lenders are looking for.
Maternity leave letter template
Your employer will need to copy it on their letterhead, edit the details to match your situation, print, sign and fax it to your Home Loan Experts mortgage broker.
To Whom It May Concern:
Re: Jill Smith
This letter is to confirm the following on Jill Smith’s employment and return to work date with ABC Pty Ltd:
- She is a full time employee with a current gross annual salary of $80,000.
- She is currently on maternity leave and will return to work on the 01/01/2020.
- During this period, she is entitled to full pay for the period between 01/01/2019 and 01/06/2019 (if applicable).
- She will be on unpaid for the remainder of her leave.
- She will be returning to a permanent full-time position.
- Her gross annual income will be $80,000 when she returns to work.
Please feel free to contact our Human Resources department on 02 0000 0000 if you require any additional information.
Human Resources Manager
ABC Pty Ltd