Heritage Listed Property Loan
How much can you borrow?
- First home buyer: 95% of the property value (restrictions apply).
- Investor: 95% of the property value.
- Low doc: 80% of the property value.
- Discounts: Competitive professional package and basic loan discounts are available.
Most banks restrict the amount that you can borrow to 80% or even 70% of the property value. Borrowing more is possible if you apply with the right lender.
Please call us on 1300 889 743 or enquire online and our mortgage brokers will let you know how much you can borrow for your specific property.
Why are the banks so conservative?
Banks believe that heritage listed properties do not always appeal to the general market and, as a result, may take longer to sell. Because of this extended time to sell the property, banks consider them to be a higher risk than a normal property.
There is plenty of debate surrounding the suitability of heritage listed properties as security for a mortgage. As a result of this the lending guidelines for home loans are usually ambiguous.
We can often convince lenders to bend their lending guidelines for historical or desirable properties that are in high demand.
Would you like our help to finance your purchase? We know which lenders can help and which of them offer the most competitive interest rates.
Please call our mortgage brokers on 1300 889 743 or enquire online and we will help you to apply for a loan to buy a heritage listed house or unit.
What is a heritage listed property?
Properties that are unique, are historically important to Australia or have architecture that is worth preserving are often heritage listed by the state government or heritage council.
A heritage listing puts restrictions on the redevelopment of a property to preserve it in its current condition.
Some people believe that a heritage listed property is worth more than a property that is not heritage listed because of the prestige and history associated with it.
Other people believe that it is a negative attribute and that it reduces the property value because there are limitations on what you can do with the property.
Conditions that define a heritage listed property:
- Historic/Socio-cultural value
- Architectural or Artistic significance with respect to design and style
- Materials used for construction
Industrial heritage is related to cultural heritage but instead deals with the preservation of buildings and industry artifacts that are passed on by previous generations and maintained and protected for future generations.
What are the advantages?
- Provides certainty to owners, neighbours and intending purchasers
- Incurs item protection that requires local councils to evaluate the effect of future developments in the surrounding area
- Listed properties gain access to the free heritage advisory services that include heritage grants and loans
Why Home Loan Experts can help you ?
- We know which banks accept heritage listed properties
- We know what documents and information they will require
- Our mortgage brokers are experts in getting tough loans approved
To find out how we can help, contact us on 1300 889 743 or enquire online today!
Finance your heritage listed property
If you are interested in buying or refinancing a property that is heritage listed then please call us on 1300 889 743 or enquire online and we can help you work out how much you can borrow.
Low doc loans for heritage listed properties are available upon request.