Adult Industry / Sex Worker Home Loans
If you work in the adult sex industry or are employed as a sex worker, you may have difficulty getting a loan.
This may be because many lenders and mortgage brokers behave in an unprofessional manner or have moral objections to the adult industry.
However, unusual employment loans are our speciality! Read on to find out how we can help you get approval for a mortgage.
Can I get a loan?
Although some lenders morally oppose adult sex workers, we know some lenders that can still approve you for a mortgage with great rates.
However, it’s important that you’re in a strong financial position and have the funds to support a loan. You must be able to evidence this through documentation and an assessment of your existing assets.
Can you prove your income?
Many people working in the industry have difficulty proving their full income or can vary their hours to increase their pay. Many employers in red light districts and gentlemen’s clubs don’t provide payslips to their employees or will only hire staff on a contract basis.
This means that many traditional lenders can’t approve your mortgage.
If providing documentation may be an issue for you, please enquire online or contact us on 1300 889 743 so we can assist you in applying for a mortgage.
What do you need to provide?
Depending on whether you are PAYG or self-employed, there will be different requirements.
- PAYG employees: You’re generally required to provide payslips and group certificates. Where you can only supply a letter of employment, the amount you borrow may be reduced.
- Self-employed: You may be required to provide 2 years of tax returns.
If you believe that you may not be able to provide this documentation please speak to us on
1300 889 743 or enquire online. Our expert mortgage brokers know lenders that may still allow you to borrow. Contact us today!
How much can you borrow?
The amount you borrow depends on how you’re employed and how you earn your income.
- PAYG employees: Can borrow up to 90% of the property value and in very strong cases, 95%.
- PAYG employees with limited income evidence: Can borrow up to 85% of the property value.
- Self-employed: Can borrow up to 90% or even 95% of the property value in rare cases. If you cannot prove your income but do hold an ABN, you may be able to borrow up to 85% of the property value.
- No income evidence: Some private lenders may allow you to borrow up to 75% or 80% of the property value with no income evidence whatsoever. Note that the interest rate may be higher for this option.
What type of adult worker are you?
There are a variety of jobs in the adult industry. Some include:
- Exotic dancers
- Sex workers
- Massage parlour employees
If you’re employed in any of these professions, you may have great difficulty obtaining a home loan through a traditional lender. However, we can help!
Please call our mortgage brokers on 1300 889 743 or enquire online. Our expert team will help you get approved!
How to get the cheapest loan?
As a general rule, the more documents you can provide to prove your income and the larger your deposit, the cheaper the loan you can obtain.
If you have a large enough deposit to borrow 80% of the property value or less then, as a general rule, your loan will have an excellent interest rate. Contact us on 1300 889 743 or enquire online to speak to an expert mortgage broker who can help you with your application.
How long do I need to be in my job?
Generally, most lenders require you to be in your job for a minimum of 3 months OR to have been in the same line of work (adult industry related) for at least 18 months.
You may still be able to get a loan if you don’t meet these guidelines if you have documents available to prove your income.
Apply for a home loan today!
We’re mortgage brokers who specialise in working with people from your industry and so we’ll handle your situation professionally.
Please feel free to contact us on 1300 889 743 or enquire online and one of our brokers can quickly let you know what types of mortgage products you qualify for.