If you’ve ever thought about buying a gym, you’ve probably considered buy an Anytime Fitness franchise.
Anytime Fitness is one of the largest gym operators in Australia with more than 2800 clubs nation-wide.
With the potential to provide a great work/life balance for gym lovers, discover how you can get approved for Anytime Fitness finance.
How much can I borrow?
Depending on the strength of your case, you’re eligible for the following with some of our commercial lenders:
- New or existing gym: Borrow up to 50% of total business costs or 100% with an existing residential property as security.
- Loan term: Typically 10 years or the length of franchise agreement.
- Loan term with property as security: 25 to 30 years (standard loan term).
- Low doc options not available.
- Interest rate discounts available.
- Refinance of an existing site: Accepted on a case by case basis.
Please call us on 1300 889 743 or complete our free assessment form to find out if you’re eligible for Anytime Fitness finance.
How do I get approved?
As a general rule, you’ll need to provide the following for a new Anytime Fitness franchise:
- For an existing store, some lenders may require 1.5x earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA).
- 2 years personal financial or business statements depending on your previous experience.
- Evidence of prior experience in running a gym in a managerial capacity (usually 2-3 years).
- Existing franchises are generally seen as a medium risk for the bank especially if they show evidence of current profitability.
- If you’re coming from a different industry to run the gym, this is accepted on a case by case basis, particularly if you’ve come from a managerial position.
What should I know about Anytime Fitness?
Anytime Fitness started its franchise business in Australian back in 2008 and have the network and supplier agreements in place so you can grow a successful business.
The costs of starting a franchise come down to the details though and you’ll need to have a strong work ethic to be successful in the gym and fitness industry.
This really depends on your ability to motivate your staff to sell in a business model that relies heavily on membership.
Although it’s generally seen as a low cost franchise and has some fixed fees, you should consider that total investment ranges from $220,000 to $533,000.
- Initial fee: $69,000, $1042 per month.
- Fit out: $50,000 to $280,000.
- Equipment: $4,900 to $8,000.
- Security, sound, TV and First Aid equipment: $44,000 to $59,000.
- Initial marketing: $15,000 to $20,000.
- Deposit bond for the site: $2,500 to $15,000.
Upfront costs can actually be reduced by leasing equipment and spreading your build-out costs into your monthly lease.
Ask for a franchise kit at anytimefitness.com.au.
Should I run the business as a partnership?
Partnerships can be a risk for not only you and your business but franchisors are generally weary of them as well.
Speak to a solicitor about putting a partnership agreement in place that sets out the rights, duties and obligations of each partner.
It may be that you provide the majority of the investment capital but don’t invest much in the way of daily operations.
Other questions to ask include:
- How will profits be shared?
- Disputes over important business decisions.
- What if one of the partners wants to leave the arrangement or unfortunately passes away?
What other benefits are there?
- The sites usually come with simple interior design so you don’t have to spend a lot of leasehold improvements (although this can vary on the location).
- Although there isn’t a headlease arrangement in place, Anytime Fitness can help you deal with the landlords to negotiate favourable lease terms.
- You’re generally looking at 5×5 lease terms for a franchise.
- Bulk buying of equipment and existing vendor relationships so you can save thousands of dollars compared to trying to start your own gym.
- There are consultants you can speak to about your market demographics for your location such as leasing equipment that tailors to women and mothers.
- You’re offered training starting with a one week sales course followed by daily or weekly assistance via phone, on site visits and email.
- You’ll also be give an operations manual.
We’re Anytime Fitness finance specialists!
Our mortgage brokers are commercial loan experts and can help you find the right lender that will take a common sense approach to your Anytime Fitness finance application.
Call us on 1300 889 743 or complete our free assessment form today.