What home loan discounts are available?
Home loans for pharmacists allow you to:
- Borrow up to 90% of the property value and avoid paying thousands of dollars in Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) fees.
- Borrow up to a maximum loan size of $4.5 million.
- Access signficantly reduced interest rates that aren’t available to the general public.
- Rapidly build an investment property portfolio thanks to higher exposure limits.
- Take advantage of flexible approval criteria if you’re a new graduate.
Speak to our specialist mortgage brokers today by calling us on 1300 889 743 or by completing our free assessment form to find out if you qualify for exclusive discount home loans for pharmacists.
Get LMI waived when borrowing 90%
Most borrowers are required to have a 20% deposit to avoid paying LMI. Saving 20% of the purchase can be quite difficult especially if you’re just starting out in the workforce.
How much could you save by avoiding the cost LMI completely?
Literally, thousands of dollars!
For example, when purchasing a $1 million property at 90% loan to value ratio (LVR), you’re saving between $21,330 and $23,805 in LMI fees.
You can use our LMI calculator to work out the LMI savings for yourself.
Pharmacists are considered to be lower risk than other borrowers and because of this, some of our lenders will allow to borrow up to 90% of the property with waived LMI:
- Your home loan must not exceed 90% of the purchase price (90% LVR).
- You must be a member of the Australian Pharmacy Council or another acceptable medical association.
- All pharmacists are accepted as long as you are fully qualified and working full-time.
- There is no minimum income requirement but your application must meet standard bank policy including being a good financial position and having a clear credit file.
Reduced interest rates are available
The size of the interest rate discount will vary depending on your professional status, total income and asset position, and the amount that you are borrowing.
Generally speaking, larger loan amounts (above $1 million) will attract the greatest rate discount.
The discounts and home loan fee waivers available are much higher than what banks advertise to the general public.
That’s because there are a handful of lenders fighting very hard to attract borrowers who are professional pharmacists.
We also have strong relationships with the key decision makers at these banks to negotiate even sharper rates on your behalf.
Grow your property portfolio
If you’re a qualified pharmacist and are just starting out in property investing, you can kick-start your portfolio thanks to these special home loan offers. How?
Since you may qualify for 90% no LMI, the savings can effectively help you to buy a number of properties.
Of course, investing comes with its own risks so you should consider income protection, life and total permanent disability insurance to protect yourself.
*Note: The maximum amount you can borrow with select lenders is $4.5 million because of your professional status. However, mortgage exposure limits can change regularly so please speak to us first so we can help you spread your risk and set up the right investment loan strategy for your long term goals.
Which lenders offer these benefits?
There are only a few lenders that offer exceptional mortgage discounts to pharmacists.
The challenge that borrowers have is choosing the right lender at the right time, that is, the lender with the appetite to fight for your business.
We can help you to choose the right lender based on:
- The size of your deposit.
- The number of properties that you plan to buy.
- The complexity of your situation, for example, if you want to buy real estate for your trust, self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) or within a company ownership structure for asset protection purposes.
- Your membership status with the Australian Pharmacy Council.
- If you and your partner have an unusual situation that is outside of standard bank policy such as a poor credit file, an unusual employment situation or your citizenship status.
In some cases, it may be best to split up your mortgages between different lenders in order to get the most out of the benefits on offer.
Who can qualify for these discounts and waivers?
All types of pharmacists are accepted as long as you are fully qualified and working full-time. This includes:
- Academic Pharmacist
- Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
- Community Pharmacist
- Compounding Pharmacist
- Consultant Pharmacist
- Drug Information Pharmacist
- Home Health Pharmacist
- Hospital Pharmacist
- Industrial Pharmacist
- Informatics Pharmacist
- Locum Pharmacist
- Managed Care Pharmacist
- Military Pharmacist
- Nuclear Pharmacist
- Oncology Pharmacist
- Pharmacist prescriber
- Regulatory-Affairs Pharmacist
- Veterinary Pharmacist
- Pharmacist Clinical Pathologist
- Pharmacist Clinical Toxicologist
Speak to the experts in home loans for pharmacists
We are experts in lending to pharmaceutical professionals and know which lenders offer 90% waived LMI, significantly reduced interest rates and fee waivers.
Your professional status and strong income can help you to achieve your long term investment goals or to buy the property of your dreams sooner at a fraction of the cost.
Call us on 1300 889 743 or fill in our free assessment form today.