The Queensland government has announced a new grant for eligible property purchasers called the “Queensland Building Boost Grant”. Details are as follows:
- the amount of the grant is $10,000.
- the grant is available to any person, corporation or trustee buying or building a new home to live in or for investment purposes.
- the property value must be less than $600,000.
- the grant is available on property purchases or home building contracts made between 1 August 2011 and 31 January 2012. For owner builders, building works must start between these dates.
- the grant is in addition to any other grants (i.e. First Home Owner Grant) or any duty concessions that the customer may qualify for.
To apply for the grant, first home buyers will need to complete an “Application for Queensland Building Boost Grant” form, which can be found on the Queensland Office of State Revenue website.
It is usually easier to apply for the grant via us as your mortgage broker to be processed with your home loan application. This reduces delays, reduces the supporting documentation required and will enable funds to be available as quickly as possible.
Alternatively you can apply for the grant directly through the QLD Office of State Revenue after settlement. Note that our staff cannot assist you with your first home owners grant application if you are not applying through your lender in their capacity as an approved agent.