Hank (Hoa) Hong
Hank (Hoa) Hong has been in the residential and commercial lending industry since 2002. His extensive experience and knowledge allows him to be able to assist with approvals in all aspects.
Hank’s able to assess all situations and come up with the best scenario possible to obtain approval for each individual’s situation.
Nicknamed “Hank the Bank”, he’s well-known in the mortgage industry and has been recognised with a number of awards for his efforts.
Hank specialises in the more challenging loan scenarios, particularly anything to do with:
- Assisting with the basic home purchase for first home buyers and taking them step-by-step through the process.
- Hybrid, Unit, Family / Discretionary and Property Investment Trust.
- Full time property investors and investments loans.
- Guarantor loans – assisting with no deposit home loans.
- Applicants currently on a 457 Visa looking for 90% lend.
- International clientele / Non-residents or overseas investors.
- Australians living and working overseas.
- Construction and development loans.
- Commercial lending – dealing with medical professionals with all aspects of their portfolio.
- Specialising in professional packages that can help with waived LMI for accountants, people in the legal industry or mining, energy and resources industry with incomes over $150,000.
- Specialising in no LMI medico packages for general practitioners, hospital-employed doctors; (e.g. intern, resident, registrar, staff specialist), medical specialists, dentists, veterinary practitioners, optometrists and pharmacists to help them get 90% lends on home and investment purchase.
His vast experience in these areas comes from working as a credit officer and relationships manager for the broker network with a leading non bank lender.
This has allowed Hank to work directly with Australia’s two mortgage insurers (Genworth Financial and QBE), which gives him an advantage in helping people who need to borrow over 80% of the property value.
Hank is a seasoned property investor with a burgeoning investment portfolio.
His up to date knowledge of property investment and finance enables him to make sound recommendations to his customers.
MPA Australia Top 100 Broker
In 2014, Hank was officially ranked 73rd in Mortgage Professional Australia’ ‘2014 Top 100 Brokers’ list. That means he’s 73rd in all of Australia based on number of loans he’s settled in the past year.
Home Loan Experts managing director Otto Dargan said to make it into the top 100 is a fantastic achievement.
“If I know anything about Hank then he’ll be higher up in the rankings next year,” he said.
Australia's Brightest Broker 2013 and 2014
Hank has been named a finalist in BrokerIQ’s ‘Australia’s Brightest Broker’ award in both 2013 and 2014.
The initiative by St George Bank and The Adviser pits the country’s leading brokers against one another, testing their expertise on a range of topics including product, finance and general industry knowledge. Narrowly missing out by one question, Hank came runner up in being the most knowledgeable Broker in Australia.
Top 30 Under 30 for 2012, 2013 and 2014
The Top 30 Under 30 awards are organised by The Adviser, a leading industry publication, and they recognise brokers under thirty who are deemed be the best young brokers in the industry.
Hank has managed to rank in the top 30 for three years in a row, this year taking out the Young Broker of the Year 2014.
This outstanding achievement is a testament to his dedication to customer service and delivering the best solutions for clients.
Newcomer of the Year Award Winner 2012
In July 2012 Hank was named Australia’s best new mortgage broker in the Australian Broking Awards, when he took out the title of Newcomer of the Year.
The Australian Broking Awards are organised by The Adviser (a leading industry publication) and are aimed at acknowledging the cream of the crop in the mortgage and finance broking industry.
The Newcomer of the Year award recognises and celebrates the broker who has been the most successful in their first two years in the job.
Since Hank began broking, he has shown an outstanding level of professionalism and customer care.
Hank’s triumph at the Awards is thanks to his holistic approach to mortgage broking. He was applauded by the judges for his ability to build strong relationships with his customers, ensuring that he always delivers the best outcomes for his clients.
Hank in the news
- The Adviser: ’30 Under 30 For 2012′.
- The Adviser: ‘A Master Plan’.
- The Adviser: ‘Brokers welcome new credit reforms’.
- The Adviser: ‘New recruits have reasons to smile’.
- The Daily Telegraph: ‘How to get the secret home loan deals doctors do’.
- MPA Magazine: ‘Mr Fix It’.
- MPA Magazine: ‘My toughest test… with Hank (Hoa) Hong’.
- News.com.au – ‘How to save on your home loan and get a giant discount’, 3 May 2014.
- News.com.au – ‘Mortgage brokers are being rewarded with bigger commissions with warnings it could affect their objectivity’, 30 September 2014.
- News.com.au: ‘Premiums go through the roof on Lenders Mortgage Insurance’.
Home Loan Experts was fantastic, especially Hank the Bank. They took care of us in purchasing our first home, from start to end and afterwards as well. They have gone above and beyond in service. Thank you so much!
Home Loan Experts offered the best service my wife and I have ever experienced.
I am glad I found a very professional and honest broker in Hank Hong. Hank is a very qualified and trusted professional broker.
While I was buying a house 3 months ago, I noticed Hank showed his professional skills and expertise in assisting me to get loan approval. I think the whole team is wonderful.
I would recommend Home Loan Experts without a second thought.