Can temporary residents get a home loan in Australia? Yes!
As seen in…
Our award-winning mortgage brokers will find you the right home loan for your situation.
How much can I borrow?
You can borrow up to 95% depending on your visa and your situation:
- Up to 80% of the property value: All temporary visa holders can apply for a mortgage for up to 80% of the property value.
- Up to 90% of the property value: One of our lenders can consider a 90% loan as long as you have stable employment and are in a strong financial position.
- Up to 95% of the property value: This may be possible if you are married to an Australian citizen or permanent resident and on an Interdependency Visa (subclass 310/110 and 826/814) or spouse visa/partner visa (subclass 309/100 and 820/801).
Do I need approval from the Australian government?
Yes, the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) may need to approve your purchase depending on your situation. Please speak to us for more information about this.
What about my visa type?
Some visa holders who are able to get a home loan in Australia include the following:
- Interdependency Visa (subclass 310/110 and 826/814).
- Spouse / spousal / partner visa (subclass 309/100 and 820/801).
- Temporary Business (Long Stay) – Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457, loans available to 95% of the property value as special exemption to normal bank criteria).
- Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417).
- Business Owner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 160).
- State or Territory Sponsored Business Owner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 163).
- Senior Executive (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 161).
- State or Territory Sponsored Senior Executive (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 164).
- Investor (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 162).
- And more!
Please contact us to find out if you are eligible to get a home loan in Australia.
We’ve lent more than $1 billion+ Australia-wide.
They walked us through the process step by step
We would like to say thank you to Hank from Home Loan Experts for all his help in getting us a guarantor loan.
We were really unsure if we would ever get an approval for a home loan, but Hank immediately knew the right lender to approach for our situation, and made the whole process simple…
We would definitely recommend Home Loan Experts to anyone. Thanks again to Hank and the team from Home Loan Experts for making it possible for us to own our first home.
Ianthe S & Jadobi l, Carina QLD
A very friendly, professional and helpful team
The team was very friendly, professional, helpful and went out of their way to get the right loan that was suitable for us… I recommend this service for those who find it very hard to purchase a property going directly to a bank. Thank you Home Loan Experts, you have finally given my family and me the opportunity to own a beautiful home.
Denise H, Epping VIC
A lot smoother and less stressful than having to deal with banks as an individual
Our mortgage broker was very personable and made us feel like he went above and beyond to assist us in getting our home loan. He had a great knowledge of guarantor home loans which set our minds at ease. He was happy to answer any questions even outside business hours and responded in a professional and timely manner. As a second home buyer I would recommend going through the home loan experts as this process was a lot smoother and less stressful than having to deal with banks as an individual. I would especially recommend Hoa to others.
Melissa H & Rhys B, Wynnum West QLD
Exceeded my expectations in terms of results
Throughout the process I felt confident in knowing I could rely on you and at no stage did I ever feel that trust could be an issue with you. You have exceeded my expectations in terms of results and have done this with very short notice. You are an asset to your company and a role model to your profession… I already have and will continue to recommend your services to friends and family.
Thomas M & Tanya W, Botany NSW
So easy to speak to no matter how stressful the situation
We are both so grateful to Amine for all of his hard work and great advice over the past year! It’s been such a long journey… We are starting to settle into our new home in Trentham now. It is just so beautiful and relaxing! We really love it and are so happy with our purchase. Amine was right all along – things happen for a reason! Thank you Amine for always being there for us.
Tanya & Andrew B, West Melbourne VIC
He even made a guarantor loan from our parents seem effortless!
After the roller coaster ride of going cap in hand to the bank manager, only to be turned away… we found Tony. What a refreshing change! Within a 2 week time frame, we had approval and were able to follow the normal approval process to get the loan…. With Tony’s inside knowledge on how lenders think he was able to approach the bank with an excellent case and really put us in a great position in the lender’s eyes…. We recommend Tony and Home Loan Experts strongly and will be using them for our next purchase…
Julie W & Luisa C, Waikiki WA