As seen in
Our award-winning mortgage brokers will find you the right home loan for your situation.
Can all non-residents get a home loan?
There are different home loan types available for different types of borrowers:
- Australian citizens living overseas
- Australian permanent residents (PR)
- New Zealand citizens
- Foreign citizens living overseas
- Foreign citizens living in Australia on a working visa
- Foreign citizens living in Australia on a temporary visa
- Foreign citizens living in Australia on a spouse visa
- Foreign citizens living in Australia on a student visa
- Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) Approval
Do I need FIRB approval?
The Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) assesses home loan applications from foreigners who would like to invest or buy a home in Australia. If you would like to buy real estate in Australia either to live in or as an investment then you may be required to obtain FIRB approval.
What features are available on a non-resident mortgage?
Some Australian banks now offer the same home loan features and interest rates for non-residents as they do for normal borrowers.*
- Minimum loan size: $100,000
- Maximum loan size: No limit
- Maximum LVR: Varies depending on your situation
- Interest only: 15 years maximum
- Fixed rates: 12 years maximum (15 years for Australian Citizens)
- Loan term: 30 years maximum
- Construction home loans: Available
- Extra repayments: Available
- Redraw: Available
- 100% offset: Available
- Internet banking: Available
- Phone banking: Available, however may not work for international calls
How our services can help you…
Complete our free assessment form or call us.
We assess your situation.
We look at al the options from our panel of lenders.
We will find you the most suitable deals.
We’ve lent more than $1 billion Australia-wide.
Find out why we are the winner of the ‘Best Customer Service – Office’ category
in the 2015 and 2016 Better Business Awards.
Recently, we were approved for a loan all due to the hard work Preeti put into helping us secure our first family home. Preeti went above and beyond normal working hours and weekends to help us along the process.
– Vanessa, Elwood, Melbourne