Renovating for Profit with Cherie Barber

Learn more about investing in Australian real estate & share your ideas with other investors.
graceface

Renovating for Profit with Cherie Barber

Post by graceface »

Hi there,

I'm just trying to see if there's any people out these who are trying out Cherie Barber's Renovating for Profit system.

I would like to get some feedback on how valuable you find the material to be. I'm seriosuly considering signing up for this system but need to be sure that her system of finding the profitable houses is absolutely fool-prrof. So please, if there's anyone who's renovated under her mentorship or with her methods let me know of the quality of the system and how well it's worked for you!

Thanks so much!

EdwinaW

Re: Renovating for Profit with Cherie Barber

Post by EdwinaW »

Hi Grace,

I really think having common sense is better than buying any program you see on a seminar. I'm sure we can all spot the properties in good or up and coming neighbourhoods that need a little pick me up. All you have to do is find a hipster community like newtown that's just overrun by reno projects to become a TV realisty show's wet dream, negotiate the price with the owner. Or better yet do some research and find a home that's on the market by someone who is struggling financially. Yes, this sounds like being a vulture but you're definitely doing someone a favour! It's better than having to foreclose!

So you find the hispter town, the owner that needs cash fast, and close the deal. But you can still negotiate a payment plan, you can delay payments, pay earlier then make payments later. You can be creative and I think Cherie knew some effective deals and negotiations that worked for her. So that portion of her experience is excellent but it's nothing you can't pick up by hanging around expert property investors.

So when it comes to the reno itself, just throw away any extra creative and unique ideas you have! You have to make it palatable for most people. So once you do the basics and renew the flooring, carpeting exteriors and give the property some TLC, put it in the market and make sure you place some cards in the rooms that list every feature the room has! This makes a tremendous difference in how fast your home will sell! Help out the real estate agent and then just enjoy the extra cash ini pocket.

Has anyone followed the system I'm talking about? has it worked for you? has this system failed anyone? I wanna hear more about this! Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

E

twoba

Re: Renovating for Profit with Cherie Barber

Post by twoba »

Hi everyone,

I too saw Cherie Barber's infomercial on the TGR seminar a week ago and found her way of doing things to be absolutely fool-proof! The way she's organized all of the experience she's accumulated over the years is absolute genius!

She offers an 8 step program for making a profit with your cosmetic and structural renovation projects that's simply the best I've seen anyone do!

She has all the contracts in place for having people work on the reno site. She's produced time sheets and other orientation materials for all of those working on the project so that the system is set up perfectly and people can take positions and hit the ground running on the project.

I was also impressed by the template of her loan submissions. She treats the mortgage applications like a job application and puts together a great booklet explaining all the costs and time that will be involved in the project and exactly how much profit will be expected. She's compiled all the expenses one can expect (and not expect) in a reno project. It's absolutely brilliant! I bet the credit managers that receive her applications are impressed by how analytical, detailed, meticulous and neat she is!

Anyways, if anyone's signing up for the program, it is well worth it! I look forward to meeting up with you in her bootcamps!

Cheers everyone,