Page 1 of 1

FHOG query

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:06 pm
by Leumas13
Hi all,

In 2014, I purchased land and built a house in NSW with my ex-partner for which we claimed the FHOG (Hindsight says we should have put it in one person's name, rather than both, but here we are). We split up before the house was finished building. The wash-up from the split was that she took ownership of the house and I never lived in it.

My question is if there is any way in which I can request to claim the FHOG again. I now live in QLD and looking to purchase an established home (not land/construction).

My first instinct says its a lost cause, but it cant hurt to ask.



Re: FHOG query

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:38 pm
by Otto Dargan
Hi Leumas13,

Your first instinct is right. Since your name was already registered on the property title, you cannot claim the First Home Owners Grant (FHOG) again in the state of Queensland (QLD).

In the meantime, you can use our ‘prepare to buy program’ to ensure that your mortgage application gets approved the first time around.

Please feel free to leave any questions you may have.

For expert advice on your home loan, give us a call on 1300 889 743 or fill in our online assessment form.