That’s great to hear Buster.
The following documents are required to apply for an FHOG
A Contract of Sale
Identification and /or additional supporting documents that must all be certified.
A contract of sale is required by all states and territories with each application form. Depending on the state you are in, the contract of sale must be signed accordingly
In Victoria (signed by all parties)
In New South Wales (signed by a vendor)
Australian Capital Territory (signed by a vendor) and must be a certified copy.
* Note that other states do not require the contract to be certified.
If your application is being processed by a bank, then the documents required for identification differs from what is listed below:
If you are an Australian citizen:
If you are a New Zealand citizen:
- Australian birth certificate issued by the Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages, OR
- Australian citizenship certificate, OR
- Australian Passport (not accepted by NSW if you were born in Australia).
Current passport (NOTE: New Zealand citizens must be living in Australia upon completion of the eligible transaction
If a citizen of another country:
NOTE: At least one applicant must have Permanent Residency Visa or Citizenship of Australia
Additional supporting documents
- Current Passport – Photo page, AND
- Evidence of permanent residency or permanent residence visa such as the page of your passport showing your PR.
All additional documents must be certified!
You may require additional certified documents in the following situations:
- Married – a certified copy of your marriage certificate
- Divorced – a certified copy of your divorce certificate
- Widowed – a certified copy of the death certificate of your spouse/partner
- Separated – a statutory declaration with the following information:
- The name of your former spouse/partner
- Former spouse/partner’s date of birth
- The date you were married or commenced your domestic relationship
- The date you separated
- Your former spouse/partner’s current address (if known), and
- A statement to the effect that you do not live together and have no intention of resuming cohabitation.
- If you have changed your name – a certified copy of the change of name certificate,
To make sure you get the best deal on your home loan, give us a call on 1300 889 743 or complete our free online assessment form
so we can go through your options.