As seen in
Our award-winning mortgage brokers will find you the right home loan for your situation.
Why invest in Australian property now?
Recent surveys suggest that a lot of Australian expats are considering to purchase new homes in Australia for future conveniences.
Are you thinking the same?
This trend is expected to be on a rise in 2021.
You may not be aware of this but you can borrow the same amount as an Aussie residing in Australia.
You’re exempt from all government fees or surcharges such as foreign stamp duty.
- Expat lending policies might change in the future, making it difficult for you to qualify.
- With Australian property market expected to rise in 2021, lending criteria for non-residents and expats are likely to change soon.
- Even if you qualify for the same interest rate as an Australian citizen living in Australia, each lender has its own list of acceptable countries and currencies.
- You can save around $6,300 on the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) approval as an expat when you’re buying a property worth less than $1 million. A lender on our panel accepts all currencies. Policy is subject to change.
Will I get approved?
- Borrow up to 90% of the property value: You can borrow as much as a citizen living in Australia even if you’re overseas.
- Prove your foreign income: We know lenders who will accept your foreign income with the help of a translator.A lender on our panel accepts bonus and commission incomes as well.
- Employer letter confirming your salary: This can be accepted in lieu of payslips or tax returns if you’re borrowing no more than 80% of the property value.
- Choose a lender that accepts your situation: We know specialist lenders who can assess your situation without causing you headaches.
- Income shading: Your employment status and currency will affect your borrowing power as lenders don’t typically assess 100% of your foreign income.
Foreign Income Calculator
Find out if the bank will accept your foreign income.
Why choose Home Loan Experts?
Expat lending is a complex area and not many lenders deal in this space. In fact, there could be a few complications while applying directly with a lender.
Choosing the right expat mortgage broker is the key.
- We’ve lent more than $4 billion Australia-wide.
- We have access to over 50 lenders including major banks and specialist lenders, some of which can help you.
- We keep updated on any changes to their borrowing power calculators and policies for Aussie expats.
Our mortgage brokers specialise in Aussie expat home loans. Contact us to discuss which lender can assess your case well.
How we find you the right solution
We get a complete understanding of where you’re at and what your ultimate goals are.
You’ll get a recommendation in just 3 easy steps.
or call us
We find you the
most suitable loan.
We’ve helped 100+ Aussie Expats buy a property in Australia.
Best service I’ve had for a long time, and given a 2 weeks timeline with me based overseas, makes this even more spectacular. Daniel and Binay were in constant dialogue with me every step of the way, and more importantly, everything they promised was delivered. Just awesome!!!
– Chris, Hong Kong